Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Red Zinfandel
4-5 lbs leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
1 bottle red zinfandel
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced
3 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
fresh ground pepper
1. mix sauce ingredients, add to 13×9 pan, add lamb and marinate overnite, turning a few times.
2. reserve 1/4 c of sauce.
3. pour the rest into a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half, and has thickened.
4. meanwhile, heat the grill to hot.
5. add lamb, cook aprox 15-20 minutes per side for med rare, basting with sauce as needed.
6. allow meat to sit 15 minutes before carving against the grain.
7. serve with sauce.
Right off the grill with Summer-Grilling.Com