Pin wheeling a chicken breast almost always makes a boring boneless skinless more interesting. In this recipe we Pin Wheel with prosciutto, sage and some Parmesan cheese.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halves)
2 cups of cubed day old white bread
2 ounces sliced prosciutto
3/4 teaspoon dried sage
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups dry white wine
salt and pepper
1. Using a paring knife, carefully slice chicken breast in 1/2. Be careful not to cut all the way through the breast. Leave it intact at one end like a book.
2. Marinade the breasts in the wine with salt and pepper and a pinch of the sage. Marinade in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.
3. Combine the remaining sage, prosciutto, bread and cheese in a bowl. Mix, then drizzle the oil over the mixture. Season with the salt and pepper and mix again.
4. Place the stuffing in the center of prepared chicken breast and spread outwards. Roll up and tie with butchers twine.
5. Oil, salt and pepper the outside of the chicken. Grill on direct high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side until the breast reaches about 160º.
Let the chicken rest for a few minutes, then dig in.